Teach Smarter Not Harder with Canvas and Integrated tools
This advanced Canvas training leads instructors through leveraging Canvas integrated tools to streamline the student experience, communications, feedback, and grading.
Academic Technology team members will also lead instructors through time-saving tips on how to support smooth course sessions and minimize student questions, and saving time and frustration for all.
Requirements: Prior to attending this training, please complete Introduction to Canvas training.
- Streamline the Canvas course experience
- Customize course and user settings
- Streamline communication with students
- Simplify the grading experience
- Essential tips and tricks
After this training, instructors and teaching assistants will be able to:
- Streamline Canvas courses by customizing settings
- Use modules and due dates to set the course flow
- Create an inviting and informative Homepage
- Streamline communication workflows with students through prescheduling announcements, using the “Message Students Who” feature, and using Qwickly to send announcements to multiple courses.
- Provide timely and personalized feedback in Canvas using Speedgrader tools, rubrics, and Canvas video studio.